Eggs are used in cooking as thickener or as extender. You can substitute eggs with cornstarch or flour.
Sometimes people use yogurt as a substitute for eggs in a cake.
some recipies use mayonnaise instead of eggs
You can't put milk as a substitute for eggs in a recipe. Eggs are a binder and a leavener. Milk has niether of these qualities. There is an egg substitute you can buy( powdered). Also in small amount recipes you can use ground flax seed mixed with water as an binding agent but it doesn't have leavening properties.
You can use silken tofu to replace eggs in mayonnaise.
Cooking with Egg SubstitutesUsually the measurements are on the carton that the egg substitute comes in (just like artificial sweeteners do.)Egg to Liquid Egg Substitute Conversion:1 egg = 1/4 cup egg substitute2 eggs = 1/2 cup egg substitute4 eggs = 1 cup egg substitute8 eggs = 1 pint carton egg substituteJust reverse it if you need to use eggs instead of the egg beaters or egg substitue.
Commercially available egg substitute.
It depends on what you're making, but in most recipes you would be fine using either eggs or egg substitute.
You can use egg substitute (found in the refrigerator section at the grocer).
Nothing. Eggs have very special properties. You can substitute egg whites or egg yolks for whole eggs (2 parts per egg in the recipe), or use "egg beaters" egg substitute if necessary. But you need some sort of egg. I guess I have heard of substituting applesauce for the eggs and oil? You can probably do something in combination but when it comes to just the eggs, there isn't really a substitute. You can use a 1/4 cup of applesauce for each egg. This doesn't work for recipes that call for more than 2 eggs.
The eggs you can substitute are duck, goose or ostrich eggs - basically any egg. All eggs have the same nutritional value, but make sure the eggs you use are fresh. When cooking, check the desired size. The nutrition value is the same in all eggs but not the size. For example, don't substitute a jumbo egg for a peewee egg (these are sizes) as you will get too much wet ingredient than desired for that recipe. Also, don't substitute a peewee egg for a jumbo egg because you won't get enough wet ingredient.
Yes but it will be higher in cholesterol, use 2 whites and 1 whole egg to substitute two eggs.Regards
The only thing I know of that can be used in any recipe and give the same results, is the commercially prepared "Egg Beaters", which are an egg substitute.
If you don't have any eggs at all then this is what I use Mayonnaise and it works very well!!
You can just use water, but it won't have the same color-effect as the vinegar does.
you can substitute eggs with -milk (150 ml ok milk for each egg) -tofu -blended bananas (adds sweetness)
According to Betty Crocker, you can substitute (in most cases) 2 egg yolks for 1 egg. I use an egg substitute such as Egg Beaters insteat. If you are allergic to eggs, I wouldn't use them because they are made with 99% egg whites. The other 1% isn't mentioned. Good question for Wikianswers.
one cup of mayonnaise, ketchup, relish and blueberries should do the trick
Instead of eggs, you can use 3 tablespoons of applesauce for each egg. It will not have the same binding effect that eggs would so I would try it out a private batch before using this technique for "public" baking.
Yes. Eggs came first, they are a standard item in baking. Eggbeaters were developed as a substitute for real eggs, to help people cut down on the amount of cholesterol in their diets.
It won't be brownies anymore if you do that. > Baking soda is not a substitute for eggs in any recipe. They are completely different things with different functions in baking.
Yes you can. You can use any flavor you wish but sometimes you probably should just use the flavoring suggesting but it's totally up to you. That's what wee do when we make frosting for my cakes. I am a cake decorator and we substitute flavors depending on the flavor of the cake.