There were ten of them, together called the "July Ultimatum". The ten demands were:
The Serbian government should
- Suppress all publications which "incite hatred and contempt of the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy" and are "directed against its territorial integrity".
- Dissolve the Serbian nationalist organisation "Narodna Odbrana" ("The People's Defense") and all other such societies in Serbia.
- Remove from the Serbian military and civil administration all officers and functionaries whose names the Austro-Hungarian Government will provide.
- Accept in Serbia "representatives of the Austro-Hungarian Government" for the "suppression of subversive movements".
- Bring to trial all accessories to the Archduke's assassination and allow "Austro-Hungarian delegates" (law enforcement officers) to take part in the investigations.
- Arrest Major Voja Tankosić and civil servant Milan Ciganović who were named as participants in the assassination plot.
- Cease the cooperation of the Serbian authorities in the "traffic in arms and explosives across the frontier"; dismiss and punish the officials of the at Shabatz Loznica frontier service, "guilty of having assisted the perpetrators of the Sarajevo crime".
- Provide "explanations" to the Austro-Hungarian Government regarding "Serbian officials" who have expressed themselves in interviews "in terms of hostility to the Austro-Hungarian Government".
- Notify the Austro-Hungarian Government "without delay" of the execution of the measures comprised in the ultimatum.
Austria-Hungary's demands from Serbia basically questioned Serbia's sovereignty and called upon the dissolution of the country. That is why Serbia did not accept the ultimatium and that is why Austria-Hungary declared war, starting World War I.
after they failed to agree to a list of demands from austria after a serbian nationalist assassinated Franz Ferdinand.
Austria-Hungary placed impossible demands on Serbia.
they accepted ALL of their demand except one. This gave Austria-Hungary a reson to declare war on Serbia. Your welcome :)
Serbia was in WWI because Austria-Hungary declared war on them.
Archduke Franz Ferdinand was assassinated in Sarajevo by a Serbian Assassin. Austria-Hungry i believe sent a letter to Serbia which were demands to make up for the assassination. I'm not really sure how Serbia replied but Austria-Hungry declared war on Serbia leading to more nations declaring war. Germany was an ally to Austria-Hungry and declared war on Serbia. Russia was an ally of Serbia so Russia aided Serbia. France and Britain then declared war.
World War I officially began on July 28, 1914 when Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia after Serbia declined Austria-Hungary's ultimatum.
Austria-hungary attacked Serbia
The Archduke of Austria Franz Ferdinand was assassinated by a Bosnian-Serb. In retaliation Austria-Hungary gave Serbia an Ultimatum of demands designed to destroy Serbia's influence in Bosnia. Serbia rejected the Ultimatum and Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia. Germany was Austria-Hungary's ally and agreed to assist Austria-Hungary in the invasion of Serbia. Russia, fearing an invasion of Serbia would end it's own influence in the Balkans began to mobilize for war. As a result, Germany declared war on Russia.
Austria-Hungary and Serbia. Austria-Hungary invaded Serbia's privacy and Serbia assassinated Austria-Hungary's future Archduke.
The assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria in Sarajevo led Austria-Hungary to declare was on Serbia. This was to effectively be the beginning of World War I.
World War One was started when Serbia killed Archduke Francis Ferdidnand and his wife Sophia of Austria-Hungary. Serbia and Austria-Hungary were already at odds for a while but when the Archduke was killed Austria-Hungary called a state of war on Serbia.
Austria and Serbiaaustro Hungary and Serbia
after the assassination of Austria- Hungary's next heir (Francis Archduke) Serbia. Austria Hungary sent Serbia a ultimatum which Serbia did not agree with all terms. therefore Austria declared war on Serbia. realizing that Serbia was not strong enough to defeat Austria, they run to Russia for help
Austria-HungaryAustria Hungary declared war on Serbia in 1914.
Austria declared war on Serbia on July 28, 1914.
It was a World War because a man killed the archduke of Austria-Hungary in Sebia. Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia. Serbia had an alliance with Russia and then Russia joined the war. Russia was in the Triple Entante and pulled Britain and France into the war. Austria-Hungary had alliances with Germany and the Ottoman Empire. They also joined the war. That is why World War I was a world war.
Austria-Hungary, which declared war on Serbia
Austria declared war on Serbia because they were afraid of the Serbs joining Serbia so they were looking for an excuse to crush Serbia.
Mobilized its military because of its alliance with Serbia.
The countries that were at war with Serbia were: England. Germany. Russia. Austria-Hungary. Italy. France.
When Serbia responded to Austria-Hungary's ultimatum, they accepted all the conditions save one. Austria-Hungary immediately declared war on Serbia, which had always been their intention given the demeaning demands they had made.