Honda Accord
Ford E-350 Van
Honda Accord EX

How do you change the expansion valve on a 1997 Pontiac Sun-fire?

User Avatar
Wiki User
October 14, 2007 4:02PM

I believe this vehicle uses an orifice tube instead of an expansion valve. The tube would be located inside the line from the condenser to the evaporator. To remove the tube, pull it out. If it is stuck, disconnect the other end of the line and apply compressed air. The orifice tube may be ejected at high speed, so be careful.