Yes, it is possible to have parasites in the bloodstream. Certain parasites, such as Plasmodium (causative agent of malaria), trypanosomes (causative agent of sleeping sickness), and filarial worms can infect the blood and circulate within the bloodstream. These parasites can be transmitted to humans through the bite of infected insects or through contaminated blood transfusions.
No, Streptococcus pneumoniae is not an intracellular obligate parasite. It is a bacterium that typically colonizes the upper respiratory tract of humans and can cause infections such as pneumonia, sinusitis, and meningitis. It is capable of surviving and replicating both inside and outside of host cells.
Phanerogamic parasites are plants that derive nutrients and water from other plants, known as hosts. They belong to the group of parasitic plants, such as mistletoe and dodder, which attach themselves to the host plant to obtain the necessary resources for survival and growth. These parasites have specialized structures, such as haustoria, that allow them to penetrate the host's tissues and extract nutrients.
Yes, it is possible for a parasite to feed off of another parasite. This phenomenon is known as hyperparasitism. For example, there are parasitic wasps that can lay their eggs within other parasites, such as aphids, and their larvae then feed on the host parasite.
Shaving your head is not necessary to get rid of lice. Lice can be effectively treated with over-the-counter or prescription treatments that target the parasites. Properly washing and cleaning all bedding, clothing, and personal items can also help eliminate lice.
You can keep head lice out by:
Yes, but kudzu its also used for erosion control and medical reasons.
If a parasite kills its host too quickly, it also kills itself as it cannot live without the host. The parasite must at least leave the host alive until it has reproduced and had a chance for its offspring to find other hosts.
The best way for me was mayo... put it in your hair your hair MUST be dry and leave it in you're hair for an hour and a half and then take it out with really hot water and then comb your hair with a lice comb (you can get them at drugstores) do this for the next 2-3 days until the lice is gone. good luck
Yes - That's why they soak brushes in it at salons.
No. Go to WalMart or a local drug store and get the products made to kill lice.
No. Go to the drugstore and get the shampoo made just for this.
Yes. According to a reliable source, rubbing alcohol is the most effective and cheapest way to get rid of head lice.
After battling lice for 4 months I tried rubbing alcohol. I have to say it worked! It is the only thing that has worked after many bottles of nix, rid, and lice md.
No, you can only get lice either from direct contact with a person that has them or by sharing personal items (e.g. combs, hairbrushes, cloths) with them.
Lice that fall off a person will rapidly starve to death and cannot be transferred.
What you are calling body lice are most likely the species of lice referred to as clothing lice, which actually live on the cloths but feed on the body underneath. The other two species are head lice and pubic lice.
As defined by the online oxford dictionary:
Bees cannot have a symbiotic relationship with honey because honey is not an animal. It is not alive, although it is necessary for honeybees' continued survival because honey is used as a food source, as well as pollen, during the winter months when foraging for nectar is not an option.
Honeybees also increase the concentration of honey fed to a soon-to-be queen. The increase in sugar during their larval state is what prompts the morphological change to the queen type honeybee.
a pest is somthing an ant infestation that comes around every so often which is a pest.
a parasite is somthing that is normally found attached to or inside an animal or human and can cause many problems.
Parasitescan cause infection of the nervous system can produce a variety of symptoms and signs. Because symptoms of infection are often mild proper or nonspecific, diagnosis can be difficult. Familiarity with basic epidemiological characteristics and distinguishing radiographic findings can increase the likelihood of trematodes detection and proper treatment of parasitic infection of the nervous system.
Because it's very rare (unless you're a cannibal) to eat human meat we consider humans as the "dead end" host for the life cycle of the Trichina worm. There is no possible or ethical way of acquiring the worm through ingestion of human meat thus, the worm will just reproduce in your body over and over again until all your muscles are full of them...
Liquid or soft stool specimens may be directly examined for for motile parasites (amoeba) within one hour of passage by making a thin eosin saline suspension on a slide and cover slipping it before using a microscope at 400X magnification and reduced light to improve contrast.
In winter woodlice burrow down into rotting leaves or the earth, to protect themselves from the cold.
One of 2 things:
One example are lancet flukes that parasitize ants, cattle, and snails. When the parasites are ready to move from the ant to cattle, every evening the parasites make the infected ant leave the anthill and climb to the top of a blade of grass; if grazing cattle in the night eat that blade of grass, the ant dies but the parasites have found their next host; if the ant has not been eaten by the morning and it remained on the blade of grass it would be baked in the sun and both the ant and the parasites would die before any cattle could eat them, so the parasites make the infected ant climb down and return to its normal life in the anthill. Once in cattle the parasites mature and lay eggs, which are excreted in manure, snails eat the manure and the eggs hatch in the snails, the newborn parasites are excreted in the snail's slime, which is eaten by ants.
Then it's ok! Don't worry.
Then you digest it. Don't worry, a single shell isn't going to hurt you. -Original Answer
Actually, that is partially correct.
It won't hurt you at all, in fact it is beneficial! The shell is made up of Chitin, is an organic fiber. It helps immensely in healing wounds, it is anti fungal & anti bacterial, and it also helps block fat. If you throw away the shell, you're throwing away something that your body uses daily (and most people lack fiber in their diet!)
No, what gave you that idea?
from what i know about parasites(which is very little), they use their host's food as a food source. I'm guessing that the organism in question is the host to the parasite.
Also, parasites like tapeworm are beneficial to humans because they can stop bowel cancer!
Normally not. However Mistletoe is a parasite and also a producer.
There are several human infections that are caused by different parasites. It includes, toxoplasmosis, Chagas, filariasis, etc.