Unanswered | Answered

Homeowner's Insurance

Parent Category: Insurance
Homeowner's insurance is a kind of property insurance, which offers both property and liability coverage. Here, a single premium covers all risks. It applies to private homes and requires that at least one of the insured occupies the home.
Depends on the type & amount of insurance you are applying for.
This question is hard to answer. I guess the only things I can  think of that the adjuster will not tell you are the things that  he/she cannot legally tell you such as the policyholders personal  information, like their social security number, and other personal  information protected by...
Only in a situation where you have nothing of value inside the  house or at least nothing you care about. This occurs in rental  situations where the owner of the property is renting the home only  and it has no contents in it that belong to the property owner. I  almost never suggest this...
It's hard to answer a question about a problem with no mention of  what the problem is, but I suggest you speak with the adjuster of  your claim, if this is about a claim. If not, speak with your  agent.
It really just depends on what kind of insurance policy you bought.Some will offer certain limited property coverage while away fromhome. But typically, Homeowners insurance coverage is limited toyour home and property and does not cover criminal activities ofthe insured anywhere. If you were...
Sure, as long as the damage was from a covered cause. The key to  homeowners insurance is that the damage is due to a covered cause.  If you a re searching to see if your insurance will pay for  replacing the pipe because of lack of maintenance, no it will not.  Maintenance is not covered on a...
You state that the renter's have insurance. Their policy should be  an HO-4 policy which is for people who rent and home covering their  contents and liability. They own the dog and they will be  responsible for the damage done by their dog. I hope your child is  alright.
No, That's what Auto Insurance is for. Unless maybe your house fell on your car.
  == Answer ==   Thats quite a tv you've got!   Your tv is personal property under your homeowners and is covered by the listed perils in the policy. Typically, 'droppage' is not a listed peril.
It can. The problem with homeowner's insurance policies is that you are never really comparing apples to apples, and then there is the degree of coverage. The policy will most surely cover aspects of the boiler and damage that may ensue from boiler problems, but only reading the policy would...
I assume that you are talking about life insurance to cover your  mortgage if you die. Life insurance is issued all the time for  people with diabetes. Depending on the type and severity of your  diabetes, an insurance company will most likely offer you a policy  with a slightly or greatly...
Liability = Legal Obligation to Pay.Medical Expenses = Moral Obligation to pay.
I assume PHH is your Mortgage company. They will not endorse the  check until the work is done. If they endorse it you could spend  the money and never have the repairs done. The way to fix this  issue is to have the insurance company make out the check to you  and the contractor of your choice...
No.If your house been built fairly recently, then the contractor who built your house may be lible for damages. If he is a licensed contractor, then he will (should!) be bonded, which should cover the damages.
Generally, you will be responsible for any damage to your property caused by this tree. Your neighbor would only be responsible for property damages if he knew that the tree was in imminent danger of falling and took no action. If the tree is hazardous, it is a good idea to work with your neighbor...
It should. You should request a policy review with your agent. It has to be stated in the policy what is and is not covered.<><><>DO review your policy with your agent. Sewer Backup is typically EXCLUDED from most homeowner's insurance. It CAN be added to a homeowner's policy. Have...
  It depends on if the seller has a realtor or not.   If the seller does have a realtor then they will handle all the paperwork.   If the seller does not have a realtor then they need to contact a title attorney and they are capable of handling the selling process.
It doesn't matter whether it's Replacement Cost or Actual Cash Value. You can do whatever you want with the money. Just don't expect a cent more.
    1, 2, 3, 4, and 90.     OR 2, 3, 4, 5, and 86.     Can you figure out more???
Under your liability coverage, it would be covered. However, the insurance company would want to know the name of, and how to contact the third party, and to have you sign off on their right to subrogate against him or her. That means to collect from them, or their insurance policy, if they have one...
I live in Dallas and I have found no insurer who cares if you have FB breakers. My Farmers agent was not aware of the issue at all.
The best way to determine the fire protection class is to contact the local fire department.
  == Answer ==   Get LOTS of pictures of the events! Get everyone in the neighborhood on your side and have everyone file complaints to the police, that way there are MANY people and not just one complaining about the issues.  If they're juviniles, the parents will of course be...
    If the electric being off for 5 days warped the floors, then yes. It would be very rare for a wood floor to warp from 30 degree weather unless it was installed WAY too tight to begin with.
Farmers, depending on the bite history of your dog.
No. Absolutely not. The landlord's insurance covers damage to his property only. Your property would be covered by renter's insurance. It is fairly inexpensive and well worth it for the coverage and peace of mind.
  You should run the claim through your insurance first. The neighbor or their insurance company can come after you for damages.
No but, more & more are starting to.
Shop for a new insurance carrier. If still no luck, then it becomes what is referred to as "Assigned Risk". Generally, it takes 3 or more refusals to issue before that is considered. Assigned risk means that the state in which the property is located, assigned your policy to a insurance carrier....
These days it is typically paid by cash, check or charge.
The average house fire burns at a temperature of 1,100 degrees  fahrenheit. The temperature may vary if the fire is started by  arson.
Yes, insurance companies insureds even for careless acts, providing they had no involvement the in the theft or should have anticipated it was about to occur (estranged spouse making allegations of breaking in) and taking no steps to correct. Some carriers could view that as a lack of duty to...
You can call ISO, which stands for Insurance Services Office. They  handle such things in most states as well as standardizing of  policies and many other items they provide to the industry. In your  state, you need to call them and see if they have an online or  published product for the...
The Department's ISO rating varies, depending on location within the County and presence of public water. In McDonough, the ISO rating is 4. It is 5-6 in Stockbridge. In unincorporated areas of the county it is 5 with public water service and 9 for dwellings not on public water.
After you suffer a loss to your building, the insurance company will send the settlement check to your mortgage company, because they technically own your home. With that said, they want proof that the repairs are going to be done. Some mortgage companies will turn the funds over to you with a...
The various mixtures for making concrete are, CementFine AggregateCoarse AggregateWaterAdmixtures (in some cases)
    They usually have doors, walls, and windows, and people live in them. Without a better question no one can help you.
Homeowners insurance has been on the rise in recent years due to  many factors, starting with the idiots who think mold should be  covered on homeowners insurance. HO has never covered such things  and shouldn't except for the celebrity who took a company to court  and got a judge to go along...
It can. Depends on the item & your deductible.
Insects, pests, vermin, rodents, etc are basic exclusions of an insurance policy.
No; flood insurance is provided via the Federal Flood Insurance program. While METLife P&C doesn't provide this coverage, its agents should be able to assist you in obtaining this coverage. Just about any insurance agent can take applications for the Federal Flood Insurance program.
    They are required to pay the cost of getting you a house/condo (whatever you normally have) that provides the same things you had at home--like a computer, phone service, etc. Usually you just end up in a hotel ordering pizza.
Homeowners insurance specifically excludes damage done to any four  wheel motorized vehicles and motorcycles. Your only coverage for  such is under an auto insurance policy and you will need to have  comprehensive coverage for such a claim.
    Not for your own. It could possibly cover someone else suing you, however.
No. Comprehensive coverage on the auto does that.
The answer probably lies within your association's declaration of  covenants, conditions and restrictions (CC&Rs). There may be an  exculpatory, or non-liability, clause that lets the association off  the hook even if negligence is a factor in the deficiency in the  common roof.    The...
PMI has absolutely nothing to do with the death of a home owner.There is no benefit to the PMI in this situation. A Mortgage LifeInsurance policy would be of great benefit as it would pay off themortgage on the house at the death of the homeowner.
Claims Adjusters are the ones who investigate insurance claims by doing some investigations and consultations to different people such as police, hospital personnel, and other. This is to determine the coverage of ones company's liability.
Depends on your insurance contract. Some companies would cover that incident, some wouldn't.
  Contact their headquarters, try the HR dept first.
      A slab is cheaper to build than a basement. The basement will give more space but is more likely to leak and more can go wrong.
  == Answer ==   Depends on HOW the damage occurred.     Your above ground pool is normally covered as 'personal property' under your homeowners policy for the listed perils. See Coverage C- Personal Property for the list of covered losses.
Any insurance related job is a good stepping stone. Keep in mind that State Farm agents are captive, and therefore you will only learn about the products that that company offers. Independent agents have access to a variety of different insurance companies and products, both preferred standard and...
Insurance is a recession proof industry so as long as the BM is doing his her job properly and is profitable they will have great job security.
Ferrari Enzo if you want style.
    In a rental you typically need a Dwelling policy. This would not be covered by the insurance policy for your main residence. Call your agent and if it is not covered they will tell you so. Even if it is covered they may say it is not, but maybe they will say yes. Don't forget that...
Your insurance company will likely continue coverage and appoint a new insurance agent to service your policy. It is recommended that you have the new agent review your account and give his or her best opinion.
  Foe emotional stress you may have a problem in small claims court because the burden of proof is up to you. Property damage you would have a better chance at having a real claim.
That depends on your homeowner's policy. You would have to talk to your insurance agent.
You could be liable in court if they could prove negligence on your part. I don't understand your questions about homeowners insurance? Homeowners insurance would not come into play.http://www.coloradosbestinsurance.com
If this is for a home: you can ask your insurance broker or carrier whether this damage is covered by your insurance. If this is for a condominium: you can notify your board and turn the matter over to them to handle with the master insurance carrier.
No. Your homeowners Insurance Policy does not cover Auto Collision. You will need to file on your Auto Insurance under your Vehicle Comprehensive and Collision Coverage.
  == Answer ==   The purpose of auto insurance is to help pay the cost of damages to at least the other persons car depending on the type of insurance it may cover your car it may even cover your car because of fire , wind, and water damage. If you get in an accident an you don't have any...
Typically not. If the squirrels got in through a hole in the roof that was caused by something covered, like a tree falling, then they would cover the cost of fixing the hole. But the squirrels will have to be caught by a professional you hire to do so at your own expense.
PPC Codes are the Intellectual property of ISO Services so we can not post them here. The best thing to do is to call your fire department or local government office. ISO (Insurance Services Office) handles the inspection and rating of fire departments but calling the city hall or the fire...
Not always. You need as many as you can, certainly. And if you are claiming your old couch was really designed by Parisian sculptors and worth $14,000, yes. But for such items as are expected to be claimed, and with standard value being requested, there is not so much quibbling. Things like gold...
In some cases this is governed by state law, in other cases by the rules of the lender themselves. You would have to discuss this with your lender. In general, it would usually be better to do it through them. Certainly easier!
yes, under your additional structures coverage, which is typically up to 10% of whatever your home is insured for. if less than a $1,500 claim, don't do it. it'll hurt you. i am an insurance agent.
Look in your local phone director and search for water damage repairs. Contact someone qualified to repair the damage.
  she has to go to physical therapy and then get a disability rating and if she didn't do that then she probably can't win any settlement so see what happens with the insurance settlement and tell the judge that the case is pending
Yes. If it is a home and it is owned by someone, then it is covered by homeowners' insurance, regardless of who that someone is.
It would cover you under your Buildings insurance
Yes, It's called a Life Insurance Policy for death, Job loss iscovered in the U.S under Workers Unemployment compensation.
  Pete Wentz has his own scale of sexy cause hes too sexy for the regular scale.
Yes, many NFPA standards apply to single dwelling units in many jurisdictions. For example, NFPA 1 Fire Code, and NFPA 70A National Electrical Code Requirements for One-and Two-Family Dwellings may apply, among others. Life Safety Code, NFPA 101, may apply to multi-residential dwellings such as...
  Coverage A is the dwelling amount. As in, if it cost $250K to rebuild your house then that is what your coverage A should be.
Depends on how long you can afford to pay for it. You have the right under a federal law called COBRA to continue your health coverage for up to 18 months after termination as long as you pay all the premiums (which can be quite costly....like typically $1500 per month for a family).You also can...
  == Answer ==   Contact the schoolbus company FIRST and get their info. Then contact your own insurer. Your house policy only applies to articles/devices damaged in the accident such as a MP3 player for example.
Each company is free to set it's own underwriting guidelines. Mostcompanies look back 5 years, others look back only 3 years. Butit's really up to the company.
My policy with Progressive/Homesite does not. They point to policy language neglecting to cover cosmetic damage. Not too happy with them.
Damage to or loss to household contents and other personal belongings owned the insured
Answer . Your personal property is covered while it is in a storage facility for the perils listed in the policy. A theft loss at the facility may have limitations of coverage in some policies.\nRefer to your homowners policy; Coverage C-Personal Property, it is easy and fun reading!