Cloning and tissue culture .
Many genetic orders such as galactosemia is a disruption in a metabolic pathway. Galactosemia is a disruption in the process of breaking down galactose.
It's possible. Your family members can influence you to become shy if they're the same way. I do believe there are traces of your parent's personality in you and it could include shyness.
Fertilization is the moment in sexual reproduction when the sperm and ovum/egg unite. This produces genetic variation because the resulting organism has a mix of the genetic material of the parents (half from each parent).
Criminology, detecting faulty chromosomes, understanding the human genome in order to pick out faults, finding the sources of diseases/oddities experienced by people, etc. It is quite broad so...
the power on one
The combination of two different things results in the development of a hybrid.
In terms of Genetics; combination of two variant genomes from two genetically variant parents results in the development of offspring which are called Hybrids. Such as a horse and a donkey mating will produce a mule, which has advantages and disadvantages to its parents. Or hybrid roses.
In terms of a car, the use of a gas or diesel engine along with the use of an electric motor. (try "what is a hybrid car" for more on cars)
In terms of electronics engineering it could mean: a combination of digital and analog circuits, a type of integrated circuit composed of separate miniature components mounted on a ceramic printed circuit board and sealed (instead of a monolithic silicon chip integrated circuit), a combination of vacuum tube and transistorized circuits, etc.
In terms of power plant engineering it means a single power plant that uses multiple energy sources to generate its electricity. One example of this was a hybrid nuclear power plant that used the nuclear reactor to boil water to steam then a fossil fuel burner to superheat the steam before sending it to the turbines (this became unnecessary when zirconium alloys were developed that permitted the nuclear reactors to operate at the high temperatures needed to superheat the steam directly).
When you digest a plasmid, for instance you cut it at certain base pairs. Ligase is the enzyme that can " paste these cut ends together into whole plasmids with differing genetic complements. It is also useful for other forms of DNA.
The evolutionary mechanism that increases genetic variation in a population is called the genetic drift. It occurs by random chance rather than natural selection.Ê
DNA is stored on chromosomes, and chromosomes are passed through generations.
1. Disease could be prevented by detecting people/plants/animals that are genetically prone to certain hereditary diseases, and preparing for the inevitable. Also, infectious diseases can be treated by implanting genes that code for antiviral proteins specific to each antigen.
2. Another of genetic engineering is that diseases could be prevented by detecting people that are genetically prone to certain hereditary diseases, and preparing for the inevitable. As well as preventing disease, with genetic engineering infectious diseases can be treated by implanting genes that code for antiviral proteins specific to each antigen
3. Animals and plants can be 'tailor made' to show desirable characteristics. Genes could also be manipulated in trees for example, to absorb more CO2 and reduce the threat of global warming.
4. Genetic Engineering could increase genetic diversity, and produce more variant alleles which could also be crossed over and implanted into other species. It is possible to alter the genetics of wheat plants to grow insulin for example.
5. Another advantage of genetic engineering is that animals and plants can be made to have desirable characteristics which could help solve some of the world's problems. For example in trees, genes could be manipulated to absorb more carbon dioxide. This would help reduce global warming, and thus solve one of the biggest problems earth faces.
1. Nature is an extremely complex inter-related chain consisting of many species linked in the food chain. Some scientists believe that introducing genetically modified genes may have an irreversible effect with consequences yet unknown.
2. Genetic engineering borderlines on many moral issues, particularly involving religion, which questions whether man has the right to manipulate the laws and course of nature.
3. Another reason why people think that using genetically modified crops and plants is a disadvantage is that they think it will increase our reliance on pesticides, which have a harmful effect on the environment.
4. Another disadvantage of Genetic Engineering is Genetic engineering borderlines on many moral issues, particularly involving religion, which questions whether man has the right to manipulate the laws and course of nature. Also it brings into question Darwin's theory of "the survival of the fittest", if this theory has worked over the last 20 centuries , why change it? ...
experimental 'breakthroughs' made possible by genetic engineering.
1. At the Roslin Institute in Scotland, scientists successfully cloned an exact copy of a sheep, named 'Dolly'. This was the first successful cloning of an animal, and most likely the first occurrence of two organisms being genetically identical. Note : Recently the sheep's health has deteriorated detrimentally
2. Scientists successfully manipulated the genetic sequence of a rat to grow a human ear on its back. (Unusual, but for the purpose of reproducing human organs for medical purposes)
Most controversially, and maybe due to more liberal laws, an American scientist is currently conducting tests to clone himself.
saccharomyces cerevisiae - yeast
It is the formula for the chemical compound Sodium Ethanoate (the chemical name). It's called Sodium Acetate in everyday terms.
Not with current technology. What the future holds is hard to say for sure.
Horizantal gel electrophoresis is generally used for RNA/DNA based studies, while vertical gel electrophoresis is used for protein based studies.
transmit is a type of light ray. what type i dont know
Sporadic ALS has no known cause. While many environmental toxins have been suggested as causes, to date no research has confirmed any of the candidates investigated, including aluminum and mercury and lead from dental fillings.
The branches of biotechnology are: Red biotechnology-that is used for medical processes, like finding genetic cures by going through genomic manipulations and creating organisms to produce antibiotics.
Green biotechnology- that is used in reference to agricultural processes that use biotechnology. Eg. The development of transgenic plants, need for pesticides remove etc.
White biotechnology- This kind of biotechnology is used to reduce the costs for producing industrial goods that occur when traditional processes are used.
Blue biotechnology- that deals with marine and aquatic usages of biotechnology,
DNA is the smallest unit say a letter, then Gene it's like word, after that Chromosome it's like a sentence, Finally the biggest unit is Genome it's like a paragraph.
You could try a lower fat or lower carb diet and go "overboard" on cardio (one to two hours a day). Spot training or just trying to work your love handles will not work. The last resort would be lipo. ~ T Answer yes it is possible...but you would have to work twice as hard as someone whos love handles werent genetic.if you try u can really reach your goal!
meiosis... for example.. crossing over
== == Yes, it's genetic. Some people have 'hammer toes', some have the right length of toes, but most of us don't have perfect toes. == == == == The four smaller toes have the same number of bones, and should be the same length. This is not a genetic disorder, it's healthy. The gentle curve along the tips of your toes is caused by the curved surface made by the cube shaped bones (closer to your heels) where the bones in your toes meet your foot, not by the actual length of each toe.
Search for foot xrays in first world countries and you will see feet where each toe is much smaller than the next. Search in countries where going barefoot is common and the four little toes will be all the same length. It's the shoes. At 10 weeks old our feet are cartilage and being under stress as they become bones will change how your feet look for life.
Feet need enough room to make a strong pyramid with a triangular base. Your heels and closest big toe joint and closest pinky toe joint are the corners of your pyramids.
Shoes that are too small can bend your big toe sideways so the pyramid falls over
and you end up walking on your arches and flattening your foot out so it hurts.
Shoes that are too small can make your little toes bend permanently at one of the joints
so that your toes are stiff instead of supple so walking feels like fingertip push-ups.
Several resources for locating a genetics professional in your community are available online at:
You could also buy a hot pocket.
Asked By Wiki User
Asked By Wiki User
Asked By Wiki User
Asked By Wiki User
Asked By Wiki User
Asked By Wiki User
Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply.