Unanswered | Answered

Auto Insurance Claims

~9300 answered questions
Parent Category: Auto Insurance
Auto accidents do happen. Most countries require automobiles to be insured to protect individuals from damages or losses arising from these accidents. Policy holders must file an insurance claim before they can avail themselves of the benefits provided by the insurer.
Yes. There is nothing that prohibits someone suing on behalf of their minor child without the consent of the other parent.
Popularity: 60
Depends on the severity of the accident. But for most pool accidents, you should call 911 and they will help you with any emergency steps that need to be taken. Even if you pull the kid out and they appear to be fine they should be checked out in the emergency department as they can react later whe…
Popularity: 97
Choosing a repair shop Here are some tips to consider before you start, when you're at the car repair shop, and after the car repair. Read your owner's manual to become familiar with your vehicle and follow the manufacturer's suggested service schedule. Start shopping for a repair facility before …
Popularity: 278
Intervals Here is what I recommend for maintenance intervals. There are exceptions to all of these including severe duty, which most northern cars fall into. Change Transmission filter-30,000 miles, 90,000 and 150,000 miles and fluid at 60,000, 120,000 and 180,000 miles. Change oil every 3,000 mi…
Popularity: 452
%DETAILS% Cars are getting too smart for their own good! The sensor is in the latch on many Fords. But before replacing it try this: Spray the latch with a light lubricant like wd-40, 50-50 etc. Open and close the door a few dozen times, spraying the latch every 5 times or so. This is more typica…
Popularity: 122
New Most people overlook the small things, sometimes when putting the car in park uphill it doesn fully enage the neutral safety switch, it just happens. Turn the ignition to on and hold on the brake and pull it out of gear and the push it back into park with a little more force. Try starting it now…
Popularity: 108
keep in mind that "total loss" only means that it costs more to repair your car than it is worth on the market. that 89 beretta that you had since highschool is probably a total loss from a monatary standpoint. but can it be fixed? of course it can. my wife had an 85 Buick skylark (x-car) that she t…
Popularity: 295
your constant velocity joint is shot. the other side is probably gone to. check the rest of the steering as well. i had the same problem with my 96 breeze. it was the ty rods in the wheels. it cost about 300.00 dollars to fix it I've seen lower ball joints cause the problem. also, make sure the fon…
Popularity: 93
A lot depends on how long the egg had been on the car, and how old the paint is. If you got it washed off right away and it left a stain you might be able to get it off with a fine grit rubbing compound. If that will not do it you may need to use a high speed buffer with a course compound, then foll…
Popularity: 113
Hey Rodney==I don't know of any reason why not. Take it to your local body shop and have them look at it. GoodluckJoe
Popularity: 59
ok ,you must be on about turning the key with the engine already running ,,once or twice you would get away wit ,as a rule you shouldn't have caused no long term damage
Popularity: 60
depends on the make and model it cost me around 350 for a 97 dodge neon   It costed me $1300, '00 Accord
Popularity: 62
Find another 91' jeep Cherokee and ask if they will part it out or swap vehicles, yes I'm joking about the vehicle swap. But if you keep an eye out for other 91's in the paper, or sitting next to people's houses/garages you might find one.   try to find on from a newer model and modify it t…
Popularity: 48
You have remove the door trim. You will need 10mm socket be careful when you loosen the nuts they can fall inside the the door shell.
Popularity: 35
This is almost always a fan-related problem. Sometimes a failing water pump or slipping belt can also cause this symptom. Mechanical Fan: With the engine stopped and cold, look for obvious damage to the fan or belt. If so, correct the problem by replacing the appropriate part. Never straighten a …
Popularity: 100
do it at normal operating temp...make your marks on the timing tab and the damper....on the drivers side of the firewall is a wireing harness...there should be a single wire sticking out ot it that is tan with a black stripe, unplug that wire connector to time engine....the check engine light will c…
Popularity: 46
This is what small claims court is for. You should be able to recover the cost of your ticket + the cost of filing the papers in court. If you think you are going to get rich for "pain and suffering" I don't think that's going to happen.
Popularity: 60
i just had similar problem. i also thought rack and pinion, but it turned out to be just a suspension link loose. relativley cheap to replace at $40 each side. good luck!   check ball joints, If they get really worn they will rattle. jack up the front and place a hand on top and on bottom of …
Popularity: 78
A friend of mine who buys at auctions came across some personal scrap books from the late fifties thru sixties. Among these books were two menus that were saved. Both were from a restaurant with the name of "SHANGRI-LA" of Chicago. I don't remember the complete address but, I believe that it started…
Popularity: 60
It depends. Did you buy the car "as is" or was there a warranty implied? Does your state have a used car lemon law? If you bought the car with a warranty, then you probably would have a chance in small claims court to get your money back. If you bought it "as is", you're out of luck. Did you have …
Popularity: 142
If there are no faults with the first car and you are wanting to change just because of a matter of choice then you will just have to take a loss with the part exchange valuation. If the first car was faulty then you may have to go to litigation as your rights are not straight forward. Unless you ha…
Popularity: 57
I am not aware of any state that will allow you to buy a car without a valid drivers license.
Popularity: 86
Implied Warranty State laws hold dealers responsible if cars they sell don't meet reasonable quality standards. These obligations are called implied warranties � unspoken, unwritten promises from the seller to the buyer. However, dealers in most states can use the words "as is" or "with all faults…
Popularity: 271
First, you may want to have an independent mechanic look at the car. Second, you should get a vehicle history report so that you know exactly what the problems were. Click here for Experian or Carfax. They each charge $15 for an instant report. EXTENDED...The vehicle check can be done free to a deg…
Popularity: 242
Popularity: 163
Workman's Compensation Insurance is regulated by the laws of the state in which you reside. There is usually a time limit in which to file a claim. You should check the state statutes concerning WCI, for your state. Or contact the Labor Relations Board.
Popularity: 167
Insurance Coverage for Pain & Suffering Here are opinions from WikiAnswers Contributors: Yes. It is a totally separate issue from medical bills. No, absolutely do not assume that you will get three times medical in addition to the actual medical amount paid. Unless that it states that you w…
Popularity: 219
This type of claim can go either way. It could be said that the passenger should have looked before opening the door. It could also be said that the driver of the other vehicle did not have the right of way going around on the passenger's side. It is up to the insurance companies to decide. If you a…
Popularity: 99
Really genius? I work for a carrier and that's not true. If you're car is a 1997 why should we pay for new parts when your car was a POS before the accident? Read your policy.... we owe LKQ- Like, Kind and Quality, per YOUR WRITTEN CONTRACT. Same with claimants, you are subject to the policy unless …
Popularity: 82
Yours. There is no way for the other car to anticipate you exciting your vehicle, but you could have checked if a car was pulling in before opening your door.  correct. the party needs to yield Right of Way. They entered into your lane of travel,
Popularity: 74
You are. If the insured person chooses to make a claim and the claim is paid. The driver is still responsible to reimburse the insured for any losses. If the claim is denied the driver is responsible for the entire amount of damages.
Popularity: 112
If you were doing your job at the time of the accident you should be able to file for workers compensation for your injuries and lost time at work (depending on the laws in your state).If part of your job is driving a personal vehicle and you get into a car accident do I have to use workmen's comp t…
Popularity: 78
I would say health insurance. And before if not, then maybe home owners or renters insurance. Car insurance would be the least likely.   Most policies say that the injury has to arise from the "use, maintenance or operation" of the vehicle. If the way you were injured falls under any of those…
Popularity: 81
Think about this your are backing up, and your neighbors little boy is playing in your yard, and he isn't supposed to be in your yard and you hit him, (a) did you see him? can you hit him because he is not supposed to be there?We are responsible to know what is behind us and be aware of where our ca…
Popularity: 35
You do not have to pay the deductible if the other person's insurance is paying the claim. If you put the claim through your insurance, and do not have uninsured, underinsured motorist protection then you will have to pay the deductible regardless of who's at fault.
Popularity: 48
Insurance Coverage. The answer below is incomplete. It is true that you should check with your carrier, but keep in mind, their answer will normally will result in getting more premium. With State Farm and Allstate you as a policyholder will always be covered, unless an excluded driver uses your veh…
Popularity: 365
Insurance transfer Yes, It's normal. You just call your Insurance Agent and notify them that you are obtaining another vehicle. Your agent will ask the make and model as well as the vehicle identification number to schedule the vehicle on your existing policy.   Most companies automatically c…
Popularity: 288
You get an Auto Insurance Quote from an Insurance Company that offers Auto Insurance. All you have to do is contact any insurance company. They will be happy to give you a quote. There are many different ways you can get quotes, there are different kinds and varying levels of insurance available a…
Popularity: 257
No Fault Auto Insurance No Fault Insurance, in true No Fault form, is insurance that covers a stated risk regardless of who was at fault in the event of a covered loss. There is no "True No Fault Auto Insurance" policy however in the United States. In the U.S.A. Many states have implemented a hybri…
Popularity: 360
Borrowed Vehicles for the UK In the UK - the general rule is that the driver's own vehicle insurance will pay for any accidents other than when the driver is driving a car with permission and is named on the car owner's policy. If the driver has no insurance the driver has a personal liability to pa…
Popularity: 337
Should this be any more complicated than to simply keep paying the premiums on the NJ car to the NJ insurance company? I don't think they would really care where you are as long as they are told where the car is garaged and who is the primary operator. My daughter is presently going to college i…
Popularity: 292
Insurance Coverage on a Parents policy? Yes, So long as you are also listed by name as a covered driver on your parents Policy and your parents have an insurable interest in your vehicle. If you are a minor or a dependent still living at home then you might be able to get insurance cheaper through…
Popularity: 292
Exchange Students and Auto Insurance in the USA The same way as any other person. You contact an Insurance Agent or company who will give you a quote and offer a policy. You have to contact an Insurer and ask. There are literally hundreds of Auto Insurers in the United States that will accept a for…
Popularity: 259
One may generally insure the property of another if you have an insurable interest in it. This means that you have a financial interest in the property that may be harmed if the property is damaged or destroyed. .
Popularity: 527
Uninsured Drivers Yes, If your name is on the title. Get insurance. If the driver or co-owner has an accident you can both be held jointly and separately liable for all damages. Both the vehicle Owners and Drivers can be sued equally and have assets attached by a court order for damages arising out…
Popularity: 333
I believe your concern is how to keep yourself from getting caught up in a lawsuit if your spouse, you are currently separated from, has an accident. Your best bet is to ask an attorney. Laws may differ from state to state as far as liability. It really has nothing to do with insurance per say becau…
Popularity: 182
Either parent could provide insurance for a child under their auto insurance policy. Alternatively, the child could obtain their own auto insurance policy if either parent is willing to countersign sign the insurance application with the child. As far as liability causation the parent who facilita…
Popularity: 123
Non-Standard Auto Insurance All of them. Typically you can get most of the standard coverages on a non-standard or assigned risk type policy.
Popularity: 105
Insurance without a Drivers License Yes, You can buy and insure a car without a Drivers License. You just can't drive it off the lot. Most states now require Auto Dealers to verify your drivers license and liability coverage before a customer drives off the lot with a purchase. This is to protect…
Popularity: 278
Yes, but in order to avoid coverage issues, you need to consider a few things:1. If you and your mother live together, it would be best if your mom listed your vehicle on her policy. Otherwise, her carrier will most likely deny coverage because the vehicle is a owned by a resident relative (you). Th…
Popularity: 119
Yes, of course! Insurance companies love two-car policies and often offer discounts. Compare rates to see if it's cheaper to combine or have separate insurance. Each driver will be rated separately, and each vehicle will be rated separately. If you own a house together, and use the same carrier for …
Popularity: 93
If you leave your car running with the keys in it, and it's stolen, an insurance company might say you've increased the risk of the vehicle being stolen exponentially, and therefore the coverage wouldn't apply. They could also argue that you didn't mitigate your damages, or try to avoid a loss. Th…
Popularity: 72
If you want your husband to be insured Yes. If you do not then there will be no coverage when he has an accident. He could also be ticketed for driving without insurance. You should, particularly if he has any access at all to the vehicles and/or drives them, even on an occasional basis. The rea…
Popularity: 96
You can insure the remaining undamaged area(s) of the vehicle by taking it to your agent and working an agreement as to what is covered for any future damages that may incur. The vehicles value will be arrived at for a price in case another accident renders it a total. You may have to do some shoppi…
Popularity: 74
Yes young drivers pay a higher premium because they are considered higher risk than older drivers. Insurance premiums do not drop until the age of 25. If he wrecks your car and it goes on your insurance you could get your policy canceled or be sued when your insurance company does not cover it. Insu…
Popularity: 80
Check your policy. it will state it there. It differs from Co to Co.   It depends on the policy you have and the dealer you get it from. If your current insurance covers everything you drive, its covered. But if not, than the dealer may offer a 48 hour binder to cover you till you can get to …
Popularity: 97
The initials PLPD stand for Public Liability and Property Damage and which is basically the same as bodily injury and property damage (BI and PD) liability coverage. The necessary conception of public charge in terms of auto insurance is it would cover you in the occasion that your car causes damage…
Popularity: 250
Not necessarily. Insurance carriers require that you list the primary driver of the vehicle for rating purposes.If you deliberately omit a high risk driver in order to save on premiums they may decline coverage if there is an accident.
Popularity: 66
Yes it is very possible for your friend to get insurance to drive your car. There are 2 ways, the first is called a non-owners policy which will only provide liability coverage, and no property damage to your vehicle. The second is to get a policy on your vehicle which is now available in most state…
Popularity: 90
He has no coverage. Unless the minor gets insurance elsewhere.   He would likely be covered as a permissive driver of the friend's car, under the friend's policy.
Popularity: 76
choose the lowest insurance in the market
Popularity: 54
I can get acros the ocean with my car! i can make it go so fast that it just speeds overtop of the water! i go a total of 471083861083945mph on my sweet car!
Popularity: 75
That would be considered a hit and run which would fall in the comp/coll portion of an insurance policy
Popularity: 49
At motorsportcoverage. we provide STP to all the top outfits. Go to www.motorsportcoverage.com for fast quote. Patrick P. Lull of Capacity Coverage Company We specialize in Motorsport!! CALL 201-661-2375 Thanks.
Popularity: 129
Most insurance companies will allow that, for the ones that dont, simply add your name to the registration and then they would have to do it .
Popularity: 72
If the other company only gave you the deductible amount, then probably not. But if both paid you the full amount, then you should turn the other company's check to yours.   If the larger check came from the other driver's insurance, I'd return the check from your own insurance company - you'…
Popularity: 77
It should not affect your rates. However, if you have several hit-and run claims, they're going to start investigating.  Actually, I was in a hit and run and my insurance company used my collision insurance to cover the total loss of my car. SO... now when I go to "shop around", my underwriter…
Popularity: 75
I am not sure what you mean by "cover". If the car is totalled, it depends on your carrier, as to whether they will charge for depreciation. Most top A++ carriers list cars at "Agreed Value", which means you get the full replacement value for the car, regardless of depreciation.  Geico and Als…
Popularity: 89
The deductible at the time of the accident not the time of claim.
Popularity: 78
%DETAILS% Answer Not in a public parking lot. But if it is a controlled parking low where the employees park and retrieve the cars, the lot owner is responsible. He probably has a sign posted saying he is not responsible for accidents, but he is.
Popularity: 70
Insurance Coverage for Glass This is considered "normal wear and tear", which is never covered by auto insurance companies, rather than an "accident" or "ocurrence", which are covered by insurance companies. Here are more opinions and answers from other FAQ Farmers: That depends, call and ask them …
Popularity: 295
The issue with being sued is an important one. It is very important that you have the highest liability amount, especially when you have youthful drivers.If you are worried about your liability, I would suggest purchasing an additional Umbrella liability policy. It's a small cost per year for an add…
Popularity: 59
No, this is the same as those big trucks that say that they are not responsible if you are following too close, and a rock hits your windshield. If it happens, the other person is just SOL unless they have insurance that will cover it.The short answer is no. From the perspective of an insurance comp…
Popularity: 60
Of course. Do you think that NO ONE ever drives without insurance? Be covered and be protected against financial ruin. If you are a person who rarely carries passengers and you have good health insurance (which would cover any injuries you might incur in an accident anyway) why do you need to carry …
Popularity: 202
You can call some salvage or wrecking yards in your area and ask what they are willing to pay you for the totaled car. It is best to call several wrecking yards and then average the price they offer you. A reasonable estimate is 15-20% of the retail value of the vehicle at the time of loss. Keep in …
Popularity: 457
Well assuming the driver wasn't taken to jail you do have legal rights. Contact an attorney to discuss your options pertaining to your specific case.
Popularity: 82
Most "no fault" laws apply only to injuries, so in other words, if someone else damages your car, you can get the damages taken care of by their insurance company (or use your ins company and they will go to them for you possibly).Michigan is the only state I know of that is completely no fault, i.e…
Popularity: 99
If you have their insurance information, go directly to their carrier. If you don't have the information, you may have to go through your own insurance and let them fight it out for you.
Popularity: 54
If you have your check from the insurance company you are free to do whatever you want with it. Insurance claims are based on indemnity, restoring a person or property to its previous condition. Most insurance companies do this monetarily. Once the check is in your hand it is yours and the insurance…
Popularity: 42
Yes, and especially if they may be driving your vehicle while they are living with you.
Popularity: 40
Depends on the underwriting rules as to what they consider indemnifying you. They may cover it, and then subrogate against the other insurer.
Popularity: 51
Yes you can. just make sure that your insurance company knows where you will be living.keVin Toronto
Popularity: 48
You are both responsible. You are responsible because you are the owner and you should make sure that anyone who drivers your car is legal. Also the person who drove without a license is responsible because they didnt have a license which is illegal, and they dont have insurance, which is illegal. Y…
Popularity: 49
You give it to the police and they will deal with it. Or your insurance company will deal with it.
Popularity: 84
In most cases parking lots are private property and are not subject to street laws. Therefore, no insurance company will assume liability.
Popularity: 45
Insurance As long as you have a valid drivers license, you can be insured.
Popularity: 54
This varies depending on your specific insurance company.. I am a claims adjuster for a California Insurance company. Our policy reads that as long as you have some sort of id for other party ie lic plate, we will waive or reimburse your ded. Without id you are on the hook.
Popularity: 39
%DETAILS% Answer Probably, but you should check with the agent or see if there is a clause in the policy that covers it.
Popularity: 83
No. The owner of the vehicle is responsible for insuring it and the only way it would be valid.
Popularity: 34
No. PL & PD cover injury and damage you do to other persons and their property. Collision and Comprehensive cover your vehicle.
Popularity: 32
You would have to be added to your parents policy as a driver, and you will be subject to premium increases if you are a younger driver because insurance trends show younger drivers to be a higher risk than others.Sean IL Licensed Ins Producer
Popularity: 61
It depends on the circumstances. If the pedestrian ran out in front of the care carelessly, it is the pedestrians fault for endangering their own safety. If the driver of the car was speeding or not concentrating properly, it is the drivers fault for disobeying the rules of the road. Police will e…
Popularity: 42
The policy that the person already has will stay in effect. They must however notify the insurance carrier of the circumstances. In which case, the premiums might increase, depending on amount of use, milage driven, etc.
Popularity: 39
In many states you have up two years to submit a claim for accidents. But statues of limitation vary from state to state.
Popularity: 43
Technically, if you settle the situation on the side and dont go through the insurance companies, you can do whatever you want, no laws apply as you are not performing any contractual actions. If the police are involved, you most likely, depending on your state, would have to repair the vehicle, but…
Popularity: 45
Yes you can, Ask your insurance company for a Named Driver Exclusion. This will allow your child to stay on your policy(just in case) with out being charged for that child!
Popularity: 32